This website is owned and managed by Knauf Danoline [Knauf A/S, business registration no. 54050313, Kløvermarksvej 6, 9500 Hobro, Denmark] (“Knauf Danoline” or “we”). .
In the following, we explain how we use the personal data of which you leave footprints and/or that you provide when you visit our website (“Website”) and use the various services on the Website.
Knauf Danoline is the data controller of personal data collected via the Website.
1. Collection of personal data
You will always be informed before we collect personal data about you. The personal data collected by us may include, for instance, your name, email address, telephone number and similar identification data as well as information about your IP address, etc . Personal data about you will be collected in one or more of the below cases:
- When you create a user account
- When you order samples
- When you sign up to receive Knauf Danoline’s newsletter
- When you communicate with Knauf Danoline
- When you make use of Knauf Danoline’s other functions and services
- When you are added as user in our Sales Toolbox
2. The use of personal data
We collect and use your personal data in connection with the purposes mentioned below. We may also process your personal data for other reasons, if such is mandated by applicable data protection legislation.
- Administration of user accounts
- Completion of sample orders
- Sending folders, product catalogues, installation guides, etc.
- Newsletters and other promotional communication
- Promotional marketing in general
- Completion of requests received from you
- Providing customer support and communication
- Product and service development
- Statistics and analytics
The processing of your personal data will in some cases be necessary for the performance of a contract entered into between you and Knauf Danoline. The processing may also be necessary to comply with requests from you. In addition, the processing of your personal data may be based on our legitimate interest in conducting marketing activities and to develop and evaluate our products and services as well as conducting statistics.
We note that Knauf Danoline shall only use your personal data in order to send you product information, newsletters and other marketing material via e-mail if you have provided your prior and explicit consent hereto, unless applicable legislation allows us to contact you without such consent.
Knauf Danoline keeps statistics of which areas of the Website are visited by our users and of which products the users prefer. This data does not include personal data. Using the collected data, Knauf Danoline builds knowledge of the use of the Website. This information is used to improve the Website. However, we use data on the navigation of all our users to be able to understand how our users as a total group use the Website and against this background we attempt to improve the Website. We cannot see where you come from or go to on the Internet when you leave our Website. In addition, we collect information about which products our users as a total group prefer. This information is also used to improve the Website.
3. With whom will my personal data be shared?
It order to pursue the above listed purposes your personal data may be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to Knauf Danoline or by other means process personal data on behalf of Knauf Danoline. Such service providers will only process the personal data in accordance with our instructions. Below is listed the specific data processors used:
– Dis/play, Bjørnholms Alle 22, 8260 Viby – a company which helps with analytical work of our websites and processing of data concerning traffic on:
– Alphaweb, Fjordvej 27, 9220 Aalborg – a company which helps with analytical work of our websites and processing of data concerning traffic on:
– Konxion, Slotsgade 27 – 2. sal, DK-9000 Aalborg – a company which helps with analytical work of our websites and processing of data concerning traffic on:
In certain circumstances and according to legislation it may be necessary to disclose data to the authorities. We may also disclose your personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
In the event of reorganisation or total or partial sale of the business, disclosure, if any, will in such connection take place in accordance with the legislation applicable from time to time governing such processing of personal data.
Your personal data is not disclosed to a third party without your permission except as described above.
4. The duration of the processing
Your personal data will be deleted when we no longer need to process the data to fulfil one or more of the purposes mentioned above. However, your data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymised form or if we are required to do so by law.
- to operate, improve and optimise the performance and user experience of the website and its services;
- perform customer and user analysis and segmentation in order to improve our understanding of our users, and provide better and tailored services to users, including you;
- statistical purposes.
7. Your rights
You have a right of access to the personal data, which we process and store about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the collection and request restriction of the processing of your personal data. In addition, you also have the right to require us to rectify or erase your personal data, if necessary.
Under certain circumstances, you may also request that we provide you with an overview of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and request us to transmit such data to another data controller.
You may at all times object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
8. Withdrawal of consent
You may at any time withdraw any consent you may have given. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may contact us at email@example.com
With respect to newsletters and other electronic marketing material, you may also use the “unsubscribe link” in the email or other communications which you receive from us.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of past processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
9. Rectification to personal data, etc.
If you want us to update, rectify or delete the personal data that we have recorded about you, or if you want access to the personal data being processed about you, or if you have any questions concerning the above guidelines, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at the following address:
Tel. +45 9657 3000
Should you want to complain about the processing of your personal data, you may contact us via email, telephone or letter as indicated in clause 9 above.
You may also file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5th floor, 1300 Copenhagen K. Denmark.
Version 1.0, 22 May 2018